Ten things that helped lift the funk a little this weekend:
1. Seeing Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. I have been waiting for what seems like forever for this to come out. My friend C and I had a no kids, movie, appetizers and beer day on Saturday and it was awesome. I made the mistake of re-re-reading the book right before seeing it though, and that made the changes a little more glaring. I mean – there are always book to movie changes, especially when the book and so much crammed into it. And I am fine with most of the changes/omissions (although a few leave me wondering about how they will handle certain storylines in the next one). But there are a couple of things that bugged me. I won’t spoil it in case you haven’t seen it yet (or even give a shit), but there was something added that wasn’t in the book, something taken out of the book and a couple things changed from the book that I felt didn’t really make sense. If you’ve seen it, you’ll probably know what I am talking about. I can’t wait to discuss it with someone else (C hadn’t read the book).
2. Mr b taking the boy and a friend to see Nickelback. I’m not sure why this cheered me up, but I think it had to do with the fact that a) the boy loved it, b) mr b was the one carting kids around for once, c) mr b (and not me) was the one waiting in the lines of death when they didn’t open the gates until over an hour later than promised, d) mr b (and not me) had to be the one to react to the boob-flashing, e) mr b (and not me) was the one that had to sit though 3 bands that he hated, and f) the boy loved it.
4. My teeny little grape tomatoes are finally starting to ripen. I don’t even eat tomatoes, but I am usually a green thumb fail, so yay me. Plus, the girl loves them and is thrilled.
5. Chocolate chocolate chip cheesecake ice cream.
6. Joining the Disney Photo Challenge group on flickr. I am having so much fun with this. I don’t even care that I only got one vote so far. It’s my Happy Place and it’s cheering me up.
7. Watching old episodes of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This show is fucking funny. Those who prefer highbrow, intelligent comedy, are uber PC, or are easily offended should definitely not watch. But the rest of us assholes? Must See TV.
8. My kids greeting each other with big hugs after a night apart. I will pretend that the “Stop it, No you stop it, You’re a butthead, No you are” follies didn’t start up shortly after said hugs.
9. Kay and Ray’s obnoxiously expensive, yet exceedingly delicious, Dark Potato Chips
10. Did I mention beer?